Print at Home Kit Accessories
The Ashcroft 3D Sock Knitting machine is now available as a print-at-home kit.
Ashcroft Makers does NOT provide direct digital downloads. The data for the models will be delivered to the address you provide.
The kit will is made available on the understanding that the models provided are for personal use only and not for re-sale by the purchaser in digital or physical formats and ask that the purchaser respect the conditons of sale.
Finished objects made from Ashcroft Makers Knitting Patterns CAN be re-sold, but NOT the knitting pattern itself.
Prospective Purchasers please note:
The kit is NOT suitable for anyone who is not an experienced user of 3D printers and the CSM will take considerable time to print.
By using a combination of 3D printing processes and a range of 3D printing materials, you are able to produce a cost effective 3D Printed Circular Sock Machine that works with interchangeable cylinders and attachments, in a colour combination of your choice.
- support bracket which accommodates a ribber, pivoting row counter and clamps
- yarn feeder and tension unit to cater for all cylinder sizes
- top loadable/removable/ multiple cylinders with slot sizes of 48, 52, 56, 60, 64, 68 and 72
- top loadable/removable/lockable/screw adjustable cams
The kit includes:
Digital Files on a USB memory stick to print:
- support bracket
- yarn feeder/tension unit
- cast on basket
Mechanical Components to build and assemble the machine:
-fixings, bearings, allen key, screwdriver and tension adjuster for 1 kit
-needles X 75
-heel forks X 3
500g knitting machine weight X 1
- 3D CSM print-at-home assembly guide provided as a PDF
- 3D CSM user guide provided as a PDF
- fixing, bearings and tension adjuster for 1 kit
- needles in packs of 25
- heel forks X 3
-500g knitting machine weight X 1
Not in the Kit:
- 3D Printer
- Adhesives, as this is a restricted item and cannot be mailed to customers.
The supplied models are in a 3MF format with print settings to suit a CR10S Pro / CR6SE or Ender3, using steel nozzles and a PEI print surface. If you wish to print with alterative nozzle materials and print surfaces, this is entirely your choice. But you will have to modify the print settings using Cura.
Printing with PLA will produce a robust machine. PETG / ABS are not necessary and these materials will cause more problems than they solve.
(Please see Assembly Guide provided with the kit for more information)
Please contact us with your specific requirements.